Thursday, April 28, 2011

Shoulders

I hate strapless clothing, because I always feel like it's going to come flying off. But Jenni keeps insisting I try them on, so ... well, I guess the theme for today's reviews are bare shoulders, since there seems to be a lot of skinny straps/strapless items in Anthro right now.

But before we get into that, I have to break into my sports update. :) Congrats to my Chicago Bulls, who are getting ready to face the winner of the Orlando/Atlanta series on Monday for round 2 of the NBA Playoffs. Go Bulls! Also rooting on Atlanta (I'd rather not face Dwight Howard), Boston (I hate Miami), and Memphis (they almost closed out #1 San Antonio! What an underdog story!). And also, if you tune into USEF Network, I believe they are showing live coverage of the Rolex **** 3 Day Event this weekend. I was able to watch Dressage all day today, anyways. :) XCountry Saturday - it scares the beejeezus out of me, but it's amazing to watch, especially the water jumps!


I have ranged anywhere from a 0 (Cyan Sweetbriar Dress) to a 6(Pigment and Canvas Dress) in Nathalie Lete, so I wasn't sure what to grab. Opted for a 2 and crossed my fingers. It fit, but wow, the material has no give in it! Everytime I took a step, I made it all of ... three inches before the dress stopped me. I could size up and hope that it would give me more room, but it's feeling a little loose up on top. I was going bra-less, so the bra straps wouldn't ruin the pic ... maybe a strapless bra would help fill it up more. The colors are lovely, but I'm not sure I'm feeling the whole strapless vibe.




This Moulinette Soeurs tank is a size 2, I think. I really need a 0. Or a -2. It doesn't look half bad in the picture, but in real life, this just hung off me like an umbrella. It's really too big. It's pretty, though! I might try to track down a 0 and try it on again and hope for the best.


I remember Girls From Savoy being an epic fail for me last year, but this year, with the Take Action Dress, and this blouse, they're doing quite well. I love this blouse! The weensy little birds hidden in the blouse are adorable and it's a nice bright blue. I might have even considered getting this at full price, if not for the fact that it fits a bit odd on me. The 2 is a bit tight in the waist but loose up on top. Dealable at sale price, not at full price. Wishlisted, though. :)


I really hope this doesn't sell out before it goes on sale. My store is down to 2 left already. And yes, based on those words, I really like this top, despite the fact that I can't pronounce it. The xs fits me perfectly. It's comfy, it's bright and cheerful, and the little bit of chiffon hanging down the side initially worried me that it'd stick out oddly, but I have no problems with it. Waiting anxiously for sale on this. (And btw - I am sorry to say that the one store with nice bright lighting in it's dressing rooms is not my closest store. :( So yellow pics continue then, sniff.)



More strapless. You know what ... I have no idea how to wear this. Do I yank it up all the way to almost my armpit, to hide armpit fat? Or do I pull it down, to where it looks better, but still exposes armpit fat? And then risk this falling off? I love the colors on this. I wish it came in a strapped version. (I don't remember if it did or not, but I'm leaning towards no, I think.) It's by Floreat and I took a 2, which fit well, but was slightly loose on top again. (But I think adding a strapless bra will solve the problem). I do like this a lot and am leaning towards breaking my self imposed ban on strapless for this item.

And therefore ... since I spent this whole review post on skimpy items, I will post an outfit that is very covered up. Haha. (Well, it was cold out.) I rarely (if ever) post outfits, but I love this skirt! I went to Kim of Anthroholic's Chicago event a few weeks ago, and this is the outfit I wore.


Exbury Gardens cardigan
Daysleeper Mini skirt (I don't get the mini part ... it goes to my knees)
Hue tights
Coach Valeri Flats

Owls! :) Yes, I'm a sucker for animals, if that hasn't been made bluntly clear already.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about strapless items. I tend to totes stay away from them. I get sad when i like the way a dress looks but it's strapless :(

    How fun you got to go to Kim's Anthroholic event!

    Lorispeak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews! I only go for strapless dresses with removable straps. Which in my book means the dress in NOT strapless. Go figure! Barely There makes a convertible Bandini that works great under my Strapless Dresses with Straps. You can get them 2 for $20 at Bare Necessities. And so much for comfortable than a true strapless. They don't have much support, so work best if the dress has at least side boning.

    ReplyDelete