Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Butterflies, Robin Hood, and a puppy.

I stopped by Anthro today. Nothing interesting sale wise, but some new arrivals were in, so here they are!


This is my favorite of the bunch. I love shirtdresses and these colors are a bit darker than I prefer, but I loved the print, so decided to try it anyways. It's a wrap dress, which I was a bit wary about, but it ended up draping really nicely. The silk is really nice and I really liked it on me, except for the fact that it was too big. This was my usual Maeve size 2. I think I'll have to try it again in a 0.




I don't like strapless, but this is a pretty dress. I didn't have time today to fiddle with putting on the detachable straps, but I might consider this on sale with straps. (They might be needed for me, anyways, regardless of how it looks. I found it to be kind of saggy on top ....) Although I don't really know about the blue sash. It doesn't seem to fit with the woodsy theme of this dress. I'm imagining my looping lanes belt on this dress and thinking it'll look very nice. I took my usual Maeve 2 again in this dress.


I feel very British and preppy with this shirt on. Jenni will shriek about modal, but I think it's really cute and would be worth it at sale price. I tried on an xs, but I found that to be tight at the shoulders and would probably buy a small.

This is really well made. However, I don't get the name. I guess I also don't get the cape itself. It's really thick and warm and comfortable - except for the sleeves, or well, the armholes. Perhaps you see the GIANT armslits. I imagine this letting in a lot of cold winter air. I also feel like a very fat Robin Hood. I normally size up for outerwear, so my initial inclination was a medium - until I saw how big it looked on the rack. I took a small, put it on, put it back. The picture is an x small. I still feel really really poofy.


I tried this on maybe all of three hours ago, and already I forgot if I tried on a medium or a small. (Once again, it's my penchant for sizing up in outerwear ...) Whichever size I tried on, it was too big. I'm not a big fan of the three quarter sleeve coats (hi, not useful at all in Midwestern winters ....) but this one is pretty cute. I like the tie of the collar on the top (one side has a long sash that fits into a loop on the other side - much easier than trying to find hidden buttons!). I dislike the color. It looks kind of limey yellow on me, and I wish it would have been more mustardy colored. Maybe they'll come out with a few other colors. It would be a nice fall jacket otherwise.

...

And yes, a puppy.

Sadly, my first dog Cally passed away at the beginning of July. I didn't even want to think about another dog for awhile, but it was just too quiet without a dog around. I definitely did NOT want Cally #2 though. (That is, anything but a red, shorthaired, male dachshund.)I finally struck a compromise in a dog that has enough similarities to Cally to feel comforting, but is different enough to be her own dog. Therefore .... enter Sasha. She hails from a nearby animal shelter, is about 20 weeks old, short red hair (ha) - but has an adorable white strip down her chest, short little white socks on all four feet, and just a tip of white on her tail - and is what we think a dachshund / italian greyhound / beagle? mix. She seems to be making decent progress with potty training, has an alarming tendency to squall like mad if left alone by herself (uh oh), is intelligent and highly food motivated, athletic as hell, and has already chewed up my contacts case, glasses, one book cover, and my earphones.

Nom nom.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reviews and a huge congratulations on your new puppy.
    Hope Sasha brings sunshine into your life like Cally did. Sorry for your loss as well.

    ReplyDelete