Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blurry Anthro reviews

Yup, they're blurry. Sorry, I only had my iphone with me that day, no camera. And sorry, they're a bit late. They're from the 10-5 sale. But um, better late than never? :(

I think I might have just been in mourning for Chicago sports. Or well, not even Chicago sports, but all the sports I follow. October has been such a horrible month sports wise. I'm really not sure what the Bears are doing - besides losing in the most embarrassing manner possible. Blackhawks are up and down, but that's to be expected with all their turnover this season. Purdue lost Robbie Hummel for the season. (SNIFF.) The US imploded at the World Equestrian Games. (SNIFF. Sapphire!) China imploded at the World Championships. (SNIFF. Sui Lu, I don't understand this neon pink leotard you had on, but you deserved to medal on floor. So sad.) Maybe the Bulls can rescue us. But they also have almost a quarter of the team injured. Maybe not.

Okay, moment of lament over. Clothes!



For those that are following the endless guessing game of my name from my local Anthro SA's, I stopped back in on Wednesday and I became June again.


I overheard a SA and a customer talking about this sweater in the fitting room. SA: "It's not selling well. I shouldn't say this, should I? I don't think I've seen anyone buy it. It's so cute online, but it's missing something in person." I don't think it's missing anything, more so it has something extra. Like the weird tail on the back. I thought it was ultra adorable in front and ... I couldn't get over the trail leading to my butt.


Oh Moulinette Souers, how you used to be my favorite brand. Then your sizing went wonky at the same time Floreat's did. Sadness. Anyways, I saw this on the racks and grabbed it on a whimn to try on because of the beautiful teal color which is not visible in the orange photo, and the lovely cloth (love velvet!). But uh. Tight in the waist, loose on top. (Hi chest.) And I look really matronly too. Pass.

Folded Mementos Tee ($29.95)

When one thing doesn't work at first, it's really not going to work the second, third, or fourth time. I kept trying on the Climbing Cowlneck in hopes that it would work. Nah. So since that failed miserably .... if you put a pretty flower print on the same shirt, OF COURSE it'll work the fifth time! Nah. Cowlneck still giant fail. I feel like it says "Hi boys ... right here? Look down." I think my shoulders are too narrow to make it work.

High Tea Blouse ($49.95)

Floreat, I hate you. You have the same problem as Moulinette Souers. Too narrow at the waist, too big on top. It also runs a little too long at the bottom. It's too bad, because the lace detailing is super pretty.

Molded and Melded Tee ($29.95)

Hrm, you know when I said earlier, in reference to the Climbing Cowlneck/Folded Mementos, that if it doesn't work once, it's not going to work the next ten times? I kind of lied. Or maybe I'm just in denial. I love this shirt, but the first few times I tried it on (oh, in oatmeal, light blue ... was there a light gray?), I had to reject it, because it poofed up really oddly under my bust. But behold! Darker colors hide details better! It still bunches up a bit in wine, but it looks nowhere as odd as the oatmeal color. Besides, now that winter's here, I tuck it under a cardi and nobody sees the bunching anyways.


I can't resist grabbing anything that has a equine themed name. (Have I mentioned I LOVE the September catalog?) I giggled as I took it off the rack because I had to wonder if buying it would make me actually be able to ride a half pass correctly. (Leg yield is when you need to keep a horse moving forward while asking them to move sideways at the same time. For a half pass, the horse needs to be bent in the direction of travel, around the rider's leg. I can barely get the leg yield at a walk. At a trot, I get ignored completely, or the horse just points themselves down the diagonal. Maybe I need to buy this jacket and wear it at my lessons. Except then it'd be covered in much in three seconds. Never wear anything nice to the barn.)

Now, dressage mumblings aside, and as for the actual jacket ... I don't like Anthro's newest trend with the wings on the top. It fits well, is rather comfy and warm, and then there's weird things poking out of my chest. But again, if they could guarantee me an instant improvement on my flat, I'd buy it. ;)


And the prettiest shirt gets the worst photo. Sorry! :( It's the long sleeved version of the Chantico top, which I have already made plain my love for. My love now extends to the long sleeved Monologue. So soft! So pretty! I think this was a small and it fit wonderfully. Must. buy! Except. Must. Restrain. Until. Sale. Sniff.

I aim for better camera pictures next time. Sorry about the quality again!

1 comment:

  1. I actually love all the tops/blouses on you - even high tea and folded mementos! :)

    Lorispeak

    ReplyDelete