Monday, October 4, 2010

Horses and clothes, these are just some of my favorite things ...

Mario Deslauriers and Urico

So, if you're at work and you're trying to figure out how to configure your environment for a new project, clearly the correct thing to do is to post on your blog while following Show Jumping Round 1 at the World Equestrian Games. (In my defense, these pictures are waaaayyy overdue. I took them two weeks ago before I went off on vacation. And well, show jumping is more fun that work.) Currently, they're through 96 out of 121 riders. As of now, Mario Deslauriers and Urico of the USA stand in first, with heavy hitters Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum of Germany in 5th and Eric Lamaze of Canada in 6th. (Still to come, US anchor rider McLain Ward and the amazing Sapphire, going 119th. Go Sapphire!)

This was the only thing I tried on from this trip that I actually liked. Except I already have a black jacket of similar length. I love the ruffles on this jacket, except black always hides the details, so from a distance, it looks exactly the same as my other black jacket. :( I think I tried on the cream version of this when it first came out and I remember the ruffles that stand up around the neck looking really weird on me, and making my neck look really short. I still look like I have an ultra short neck. I think I'm passing unless I can catch it super cheap on sale.




I had SUCH high hopes for this when seeing it online. Too bad they both fit like crap. :( It's the buttons that just didn't work for me. Mainly, there weren't enough (or any) buttons on the flowery peacock section on the top. It seemed to flop and hang oddly, and the buttons on the bottom weren't any better either. You can see it pretty clearly on the cream jacket - it's poking out at such odd angles.

LMAO. I'm following the live blogging of show jumping, and someone commented "didn't Jesus ride Lord today?" Going back through the start order .... yes, Jesus rode the Lord today. ;) Or rather, it was an entry from Spain - Jesus Garmendia Echeverria and his horse Lord Du Mont Milon.


We won't show the picture of it zipped up because it looked bad, trust me. I remember having serious issues with the zipper on this jacket. I don't know if it was just the jacket that I got or if they're all the same, but it was really jerky and sticky and all I wanted to do was to take it off ASAP before I ruined the zipper. ;)



I searched around on Anthro's website for this jacket and I couldn't find it. Perhaps I didn't look very hard. But since two weeks have passed and I don't have any memory of this jacket at all, besides this horrendous picture that shows the bottom flounce hitting at just the wrong angle to create some sort of really ugly umbrella, I don't really very much care. ;)



This caught my eye in the store because it had such an interesting looking fall print. And the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. And you want to know why I looked at it for such a long time? Because. It. Wouldn't. Come. Off. Grrr. This dress I remember only having one of those partial side zips, not the full side zip that goes up to the sleeve, and not a nice long back zip either. The fabric is comfortable and thick, but it has absolutely no stretch to it. Because of those reasons, I had an awful time trying to get it off. Needing to get back to work before, oh say, midnight (keeping in mind I'm on my lunch break), I finally cried uncle and called in an SA to help yank this over my head. :( I think I took my usual size 2 in Floreat, and it fit just fine. (Except for, y'know, the part about not being able to get it off.) Maybe a size 4 would be better, but then it might be too large. I refuse to try this dress on ever again unless there is a friend around to help. It's two person job. :P

1 comment:

  1. o no! I hate those dressing room moments where you're like, "crap. how did I get this on, and I think I'm going to be stuck here forever!" Glad you made it out! :)

    ReplyDelete