Friday, June 17, 2011

Neigh neigh.

I wanted to post about horses, but couldn't find an excuse to post solely about horses, so I dredged up all the old Anthro pics on my phone. :) Blame Anthro, they have nothing cute at the moment for me to take pictures of. Although .......... ELEPHANTS. THERE ARE ELEPHANTS ON THIS DRESS.

Too bad the Sing Sweetly shape looks so bad on me. :( I'll probably try it out anyways if it hits my store.


Mompos Dress ($228)


I think this is the only recent non-sale item in this post! It finally arrived at my store so I grabbed it to try on. This is a size 6 and I think it fits pretty well. (It's also the same size I tried on for Tracy Reese's Andrick coat last winter.) There's a sewn in slip for this dress, and a back zip, which I totally appreciate over side zips. I like this quite a bit and am waiting for sale on it. I actually did buy this dress to get to the free ship amount, and am hoping for a PA on this next week. (Therefore, Murphy's law - this will not go on sale next week, obviously!)




Pezza Dress ($69.95)


Okay, time to break into the really old pictures on this phone. Thank you blog-o-sphere for introducing me to this dress. It looks like nothing on the rack, but I figured it had to be something if everyone kept posting about it, so I tried it on. There was only one size available, so xs it was. And it actually fit quite nicely! I know a lot of people complained about the waist hitting high, and it did, so I would have liked to try a small to see if the waist hit any lower, but none to be found. I bought this dress.


Taking Turns Top ($39.95)


Getting into even older territory! Jenni talked me into trying this on and I ended up falling in love with this. I think I'll have to wear a cami with this, lest everyone get a extra view of something they shouldn't see, but I think it's very nicely tailored and flattering. This was an xs, and I bought this as well.


Tepore Cardigan ($49.95)
Goldfield Skirt ($39.95)


I loved the Tepore cardigan, also another item that I tried on from Jenni's recommendation. It's a lovely summer cardigan, light and airy. It's also kind of see through, so it works best for sleeveless tops, I find. I took a small in the Tepore. The Goldfield skirt seemed like everything I wanted on the rack. It's amazingly soft and silky, and it had great length on it. However, what the cardigan is covering up is that it poofs up at the waist, big time. Not flattering! Bought the cardigan later on popback, skipping the skirt.

Now, for horses ... (haha). I have suddenly discovered a new interest in eventing, which is a three-phase equestrian sport compromising of dressage, cross country, and show jumping. I will never likely try it out, myself. (Look, if I panic staring at a 2'3" high skinny little wooden pole, I likely will not survive jumping a 3 foot tall big fat solid LOG.) But it's fun to follow! Especially since a lot of eventers seem to have picked up a trend of using helmet cams.


Look at Tom's ears go!


Doug Payne and Camerlingo "Tom" at Bromont CCI* XC. (The jumps look small - but trust me, they're big. And solid. And I don't even want to know how much they hurt if you run into them.) I watch these videos not only for fun, but also to practice my own sense of timing and distance to the jumps. I'm still pretty wretched at getting a good distance to each fence. I mainly point Roux in the direction of a fence, try to get him at a good pace, count his rhythm, and ... pray. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment