Thursday, June 30, 2011

Seattle aMUSEment

Summer’s the best time to visit Seattle, and when one of our mutual friends mentioned that she wanted to make a trip in June to run the Seattle Rock ‘n Roll Marathon, Sandy decided to come along. Instead of running, we had fun visiting lots of Anthro stores! But we did get some exercise – inspired by JG, we did several days of Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred. I don’t think we’re shredded, but maybe it helped combat some of the eating we did over the weekend!

IMG_7188
butterfly at the Pacific Science Center butterfly room

IMG_7209 photo(1)

We first hit up the Bellevue Anthro at the Bravern, but there wasn’t anything too interesting on the sale rack there. So we made our way to the Seattle Anthro at University Village. And here’s where we got ridiculous! On the left, we’ve got a very Asian Sandy rocking the blue Strappy Dandelion Dress and me wearing a size or two too large Quechua Dress. Though it looks like something I could get a lot cheaper at Dress Barn, I kinda like it… it would work pretty well for a summer wedding. On the right, Sandy’s wearing a yellow dress I can’t locate online, and I have turned into a flowerpot in the Blooming Bulbs Dress.

photo(2) IMG_7233-1

Sandy also tried on the Sugared Dress and convinced me to try on the Whirligig Dress, similar to the Pezza Dress that she ended up liking a lot. I normally hate jersey dresses, but it fit me better than expected. I’m not in love with the color choices, though, and one part of the cloth at the bust area feels too loose. For our fancy dinner, we got to show off our Anthro dresses! I wore the Southward Stop Shirtdress that Sandy got me for Christmas, and she wore her Pezza with her coveted, finally-acquired Bouquet-of-Roses Heels.

IMG_7242
delicious sea scallops at Book Bindery in Seattle

IMG_7265 IMG_7291

The next day, we headed north to Vancouver for some good Asian food and… Vancouver Anthro! The store opened up not long ago up there, and we were happy to discover that we CAN return our purchases from that store in the US. I tried on a too-large Charcoal Terrace dress and my $20 sale goggles convinced me to buy the stripey skirt pictured on the right that I don’t know the name of. Still not sure if I want to keep it… it’s not the most versatile piece… but it’s so cheap… (though speaking of cheap, I managed to score both City Touring Dress and D’Armee in MY SIZE!)

Well, I must say – being silly in the fitting room is a lot of fun with another Anthro addict! Sure beats e-mailing pictures back and forth. Hopefully next time all three of us can get together and be ridiculous. We had our eyes on some really interesting maxi dresses for this round, but they weren’t in our size. :(

~N

1 comment:

  1. Love the Sugared Dress and Whirligig Dress on you both! I'm so jealous that you were able to pick up the City Touring Dress and D'Armee Dress!

    Complex Cardigans

    ReplyDelete