Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Traveling Anthro Addicts

Sandy joined my family for a Christmas Caribbean cruise (more on that later), and our flights left the day after the cruise ended. That left us with almost one full day in Miami. What to do? Check out the Anthro tag sale that we’d been deprived of while on the boat. A quick and easy $2 bus ride got us to Village of Merrick Park, an upscale shopping mall only a few miles away from the Miami airport and the closest Anthro store we could find.

outdoor shopping is fun!

The sale items had been pretty picked over by the time we got there, but I did manage to find a few things to buy. I was definitely less picky about what I chose to try on, so there were some things that REALLY didn’t work out.

Posh Peasant TeePosh Peasant Tee – $29.96 (original: $58)
Got this in purple XS. Not a highly rated item, and I’m still debating over whether or not I’ll keep it. It’s a really comfy fit, and I like the top, but the looseness and the weirdness with the varied length might make it a little too unflattering. The neckline is really pretty, though. I normally do NOT wear an XS, so this tee is not an option for anyone who wears smaller sizes.

Light the Sky Chemise
Light the Sky Chemise – $22.46 (original: $68)
The saleswoman was sad when she rang up my order because I’d managed to find this in a S, and she hadn’t. Love it! This pic is really weird because I didn’t adjust the straps right and I have cruise tan, but I’ll post a less weird pic later. It’s lined so it’s perfect as a sundress and super cheap.

Rippled Ridge HenleyRippled Ridge Henley – $48
Tried on a few non-sale items that I was interested in when I saw them online. This one made me sad. It’s a beautiful top, and I love the neckline detailing and color. But it fits so weird. Arm holes were too tight, and you can barely see it in the pic, but a little fabric gap pokes out at each shoulder.

Raining Lines Henley
Raining Lines Henley – $68
So close with this one. It’s comfy and I like the color, but… it is a HENLEY. Does everyone need to peek at my cleavage? It’s a weird neckline to have a cami under it, too. Pass. They should have had it cut higher.

Mystery Tee
Lacy Linebacker Tee – mystery sale item
No, I really have no idea what this is, but it makes me look like a football player. I wouldn’t have tried it on if I’d paid closer attention to the shoulders beforehand. Otherwise, it’s a nice tee. It’s also sized large, because I think this was an XS and it fits me pretty loosely.

Ugly Granny Dress
Ugly Granny Dress – mystery sale item
It’s kinda like Southward Stop material-wise, except really ugly. They should have just made it floor-length to complete the ugliness. What can I say… I was just excited to see a shirtdress on sale in my size, so I tried it on and regretted it.

Ok, that’s my tag sale post! I’ll try to get some regular updates coming in the new few days… my Anthro free shipping loot as well as some travel stories and pictures.

~N

No comments:

Post a Comment