Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Parking sucks.

Well, two weeks out from Christmas, and on a lunch break on a Wednesday morning, the mall parking lots are jammed full. Usually the nice upper deck of the Nordstrom parking lot has maybe 20 cars total. Today - all full, and I had to circle a few times before staking out my chosen shopper and stalking her back to her car, and then warding off two old ladies (I know, I know) to get her spot. Well, I was there first. :D Then I got to watch the exact same scene being played out as I left. I turned around to back my car out just in time to watch a lady suddenly jam on the gas on her minivan, dash forward five feet or so to block off another car (and er, blocking my back out escape route), and turn her head and scream at the other car. Note to self: avoid weekends at the mall for the next two weeks at all costs.

So, this is what all the stress of getting in and out of the mall frenzy parking lots got me:




I was hoping to try on the pink, but couldn't find it, so here's the black. Grabbed this on Jenni's recommendation, I don't think I would have thought about it otherwise. I thought this was very well made. The shirt below felt nice and thick, so no sheer see through problems with that. It felt very heavy, for a short sleeved shirt. However, not a whole lot of stretch with the material. This is an xs and I'd definitely would want to size up to a s. I did really like this shirt though, although I would have liked to try the pink color as well.



I've liked this shirt ever since I first saw it online .... months ago, and I never saw it in my store until today. I really preferred the beige color, but there was only one left in an XL on the rack. The red and yellow colors did absolutely nothing for me. So ... brown it is then! Smallest size left on a rack was a medium, so this is it. And it's a little too big for me. The sleeves are looooong, as you can see from the picture. It's very comfy though, and a great price for an Anthro shirt.



Same shirt, two colors. I liked the pink more than the blue, except I don't think I like those pleats at the neckline, and it's hidden much better on the darker blue shirt. I like the beading, but it's heavy. It didn't itch, but because of the weight on my shoulders, I kept wanting to scratch or fiddle with it. I probably could have dealt with it if not for the 1) ugly pleating and 2) wrong size (no xs in either color, both are smalls).


This is a lovely little blouse! But ... gack, the price. I see online it says it's silk, so maybe that explains it, but still, eep. It's very lightweight and soft and very comfortable to wear. The waistband is elasticized, so it was super easy to slip on and was a pleasant surprise when I tried it on. It looked small on the rack, so I took a size 2. With that elastic waistband though, I might try a 0 next time to see if I can minimize the neckline anymore (although the 2 wasn't that revealing, it still felt like it something might slip). Probably will get on sale.

Karelia Coat ($248)

Sold out online. :( Unable to add to wishlist. Sniff. Maybe it's a good thing. This is not warm, at all (There's only a thin silky inside lining). This looks like some weird antique carpet patchwork conglomeration. I cannot forsee this staying clean or getting cleaned easily. I look at the picture and I feel like I'm in Russia about to sit down to eat borscht. I think I love it, though. My usual jacket size 6 wasn't there, so this is an 8. It's not bad, but I think I'd prefer a six. I LOVE that they have a zipper, and that the zipper doesn't seem to get stuck easily. I tried on the Andrick Coat earlier, which had no zipper, but about 15 awkward snaps and toggles, and hated those. Totally useless for me, but still totally lovely. I'd probably buy it at the sale price and put it on display in my closet. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment