Thursday, December 30, 2010

Whoohoo!

Happy New Year! It's a bit sad to be back in the dreary Midwest after an awesome time in the Caribbean, but eh, my house certainly feels as warm as the Caribbean, anyways. (Thank you Grandma who has an even lower endurance for cold than I do.) Nina would hate it - we constantly fought over the thermostat in our cruise room. ;) I'd walk in, shiver, and jam it up 5 degrees. 10 minutes later, Nina would grumble and turn it down by 7. Hey .... reminiscent of our dorm room in college. :)

All right, Anthro reviews.


This is an old dress, but I just randomly found it for the first time on a sales rack at a store I don't normally frequent (thanks for not showing up in any of my usual stores!) so I had to try it on. I saw it on a SA in my usual store and it looked gorgeous! I normally can do a 2 in Moulinette Souers and luckily enough, that's what this was. Or, not so - it was insanely tight for the lower half of my body. The top fit well enough, but ... you know that saying, where people say they shimmy into tight dresses? I shimmied, literally. I jerked and pulled and yanked on the dress to put it on, and then I realized ... oops, this thing has to come off, and it is clinging like a baby clings to it's bottle. Okay ... shimmy shimmy shimmy shimmy shake shake. As you can imagine from my descriptions of how tight it was, it was horrible to walk in and the dress cut your stride off in half. Too bad, because this would be great to get with the 25% off sale. I wonder if a 4 might work, but maybe it would mean that I could walk a 3/4 stride instead of a half. And then the top might be drowning on me. Oh well. It means I save money for ...




Well, not saving money for this. ;) This is by Porridge and I grabbed it on a whim because I fell in love with Nina's Light the Sky chemise from her previous post, which is also by Porridge. (I just realized you can also see it sitting in the background of this picture. Hahaha.) I grabbed a small because that's what I took for the Light the Sky chemise since it had a tighter waistband. Okay, no tight waistband on this dress, so I drowned in it. I'd need an xs for this dress, but it won't be needed because I don't like the print on this. It is a super comfortable dress, though! Very soft and perfect for lounging around in. Except the price hurts.



Saving money for THIS! :D I had this on my wishlist as soon as I saw it on the website. Perfect! It looks all woodsy and horseyish to me. But yup, price stinks. It also never showed up in my local store, so I eventually tried to be good and save money and I talked myself out of this cardi, even on sale. I was also turned off by the boiled wool after having tried a number of disastrous other boiled wool items. I finally saw it sitting around when I tried to search out the Light the Sky chemise though, and I had to grab it to try on. And .... back in love. :D I had to search out a SA to help me figure out how to button it up (wtf is with this 3 extra buttonholes? Is there really a need to fold over the buttonholes for that fancy flap?). Boiled wool, btw, is super warm. I had only a tiny tank top under it and I was dying of heat. Price is still going to hurt on sale. But I think I want it. If I can find it. (Ahem. Stupid local store not carrying items I want ...)

And one last thing that sums up our cruise.

BARBRA STREISAND.

(no, not Wind Beneath My Wings)

There is a bizarre song by a group named Duck Sauce that Nina heard in France that consists of hyper dance music and the only lyrics being a lot of whoo hoos and the name Barbra Streisand. (I don't get it either.) She sent me and Jenni the link and since it's very catchy, we whoo-hooed and Barbra Streisanded the week away leading up to the cruise. I was making a riding video anyways and Nina wanted me to set all of my jumps to the Barbra Streisands, so ... why not?

We sang it in our hotel room the night before the cruise. We sang it on the ship. Whoo hoooooooooohoooo. Whoooohoooo hooooohoo!

Then we randomly heard it in Mexico. (Yes, it fit in so well on the beach with lots of Latin music.)

The above probably makes no sense, so here, enjoy a riding video set to Barbra Streisand. (My equitation is wretched, but oh well.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I ordered the Lucillae Dress sight unseen so I hope it fits! It looks great on you though, sorry you didn't like the fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wind Beneath My Wings is Bette Midler ;)

    BARBRA STREISAND

    ReplyDelete
  3. LC - I hope it works for you, it's SO incredibly beautiful! MS has been really off with their sizing lately so it might have been that a larger size would have been better. I don't know what they're modeling off of. :P

    Nina - haha okay, so I don't know my older show tunes singers very well then. :P

    ReplyDelete