Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Anthropologie Tuesday Sale 'Haul' Review

Being a petite girl at 5'0, I previously thought wearing Anthropologie clothes wouldn't suit my frame. Most of their designs seem aimed towards willowy women, but from Sandy's coaxing, I found that the occasional Anthropologie top fits me relatively well. (All sizes below are XS unless indicated otherwise.)

The pink cardigan above is called, Speckled Egg Cardi, on sale for $39.95 and and is probably the first 'draping' cardigan that actually flatters my short torso. I loved the staggered, draped layers and the silk material sewn into it. Still debating if this is worth keeping, however, because I don't normally wear pink--much less anything too classically romantic in style. However, this cardigan does go well with a Burlapp top that I picked up from Ideeli.com.

The navy tank I wore underneath is the Creative Outlet Tank, on sale for $29.95. Though it looked decent in the photo, I decided not to keep it because the straps were longer than it looks in the picture. Bending over would be a problem. I would have to hem the straps for around $10~, which would make the top cost more than I'd like to pay.

The gray Winding Road Tank has a nice texture sewn on it that I like, but it's a bit loose on me. I'm still debating if I should keep it due to that issue, though leaning towards keeping since this one would be a fun one to wear both for casual and work. Perhaps I can shrink the tank in the dryer...

Here I have the Flowing Tiers Tank in Moss. This was the color I wanted the least, but I have purple, pink, and neutral motif arriving via mail--so we'll see which one I might keep. I love the varied textures in the tank, and the ability for the tank to be worn alone. What I don't like, however, is how low the arm holes gape--which isn't visible in the photo. Also, the raw edge at the neckline might make the tank have a quick expiration date in my closet. It might reveal bras, so I'm a little tentative on this one due to that. Favoring keeping, however.

Later in the day, I returned home with my newly shipped package from the sales from last week:

The Tenderly Windblown Tank I was lucky enough to pick up as a 'second cut' for $19.95. It's an okay tank that doesn't overly flatter or detract. Still considering if it's a solid keep or not despite the cheap price.

By the time I put on this cardigan at my apartment, I'd already decided to return it. The One After Another Cardi isn't bad, but it didn't frame my figure as nicely as the Speckled Egg Cardi. The fabric in the non-ruffled areas were also too sheer, and I would have liked the ruffles to continue in the back.

This photo was positioned at a more flattering angle. In reality, the Tea & Sweets Dress straps hung all the way down to my top of my bra and the width is a tiny loose. Yet I can't help the feeling that if I were to get the dress hemmed shorter and the straps shortened, it could look a lot more lovely and sharp. This dress is actually more of Sandy's style than mine, but I couldn't resist trying it out at $79.95. Will contemplate it this is worth the cost of an alteration.

The Curated Tee more searingly red than I'd like, but I'm considering keeping it as the sleeves are so prettily ruched (unfortunately, not as visible in this picture). There's a button at the end of the ruching and three buttons at the top of the shoulder, which makes the top quite charming.

This is the Chantico Tank in gray from last week's sale. Both Sandy and I love it, respectively, and it's a definite keeper.

Lastly, and also from last week's sale, is the Ambling Twists Tank in grey. This one is a definite keeper as well. I took a page out of Sandy and Nina's preferences for the last two tops--as we shared the same versions of the tops in differing colors and sizes, respectively.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked the speckled egg cardigan and Chantico top on you. Both look really good.

    I have been looking for the Tenderly Wind Blown tank that you have. If you decide to not keep it I would be happy to take it.
    My email is: radhinw@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks for the kind comment. =) After thinking about it for a while--I've decided not to keep the Tenderly Windblown Tank. --Writing you a quick email on it.

    ReplyDelete