Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Anthropologie Sale Reviews

I hit up Anthropologie today and brought my camera. Here's what came out of it:




I know immediately Jenni is going to say this is granny style. It is granny style. And yet, I like it still. I think I'm getting old. Jenni also called the Precious Materials cardigan granny-ish too, which I bought and love, so I see that I'm starting my transformation into a sweet wrinkly gentle old grandmother. I have a medium on in the picture above and it's too big, but I was too lazy to ask for a small. I love the turquoise/aqua color of the cardigan, but you know what the best part is? The navy blue satin trim. It's so incredibly soft, I could probably just play with that all day long and be happy.


Creative Outlet Tank $29.95

This is ... hrm. A very interesting picture. Sadly, it's the best one I have, so please ignore weird poofy hair and evil slant of mouth. This is the xs navy blue tank. It looks almost black in the picture, but it's not as dark in real life. Anthropologie's website says it's made out of a rayon/spandex mix, and it is so soft and comfortable on, and incredibly lightweight. Should be perfect for a hot summer day, but since summer's almost over, it should still be comfy under a cardi.

????

I originally grabbed this to try on because I thought it was the Falling Fleur Tank that Jenni was interested in. Come home, check out the webpage - doesn't look quite the same though. Flowers look the same, ruffles have somehow changed from cute ruffles to weird thick loops. I had to grab a small instead of xs because they were out of xs - I wonder if it looks any better if I went down a size? Meh.


Circle The Globe $39.95

So I told Jenni I bought this and she was confused as to why it was so popular. I'm not quite sure, but I can at least list the reasons why I liked it. It's decently priced for an Anthro skirt (especially on sale). It adds a nice pop of color to the bottom of my outfits - a nice change from all my other bottoms, which consists of jeans, jeans, jeans, black trousers, gray trousers, and more jeans. It's so easy to pull on with an elastic waist, which is good, since a lot of Anthro's latest skirts have exposed zippers that are really ugly. This is a size 2 but due to the elastic waist, I could probably do a 0 or a 4 as well. And it's simple! I can think of a couple ways to wear this skirt already. As opposed to ...

Stable Skirt $98.00

I like horses(see previous post)! I should be the perfect person to try this on, right? And it's much cuter than the Poni Cardigan. Except I look like a giant rectangle. I look at this photograph and see myself surrounded by a giant rectagular box. This is so comfortable on though! It's velvety soft on the outside and really nicely lined on the inside with a cool silk like type of material (don't quote me, I don't know anything about fabrics). But I look like a giant stick. I'm also not thrilled with the big brown belt loops in front. It kind of disrupts the pattern of the dress for me. This is a size 6. The waist looks tiny in person. I went for my usual size four, but I didn't think I'd be able to fit in it. The six zipped up comfortably though.

Babergh Dress $188

Ah, the Babergh dress. The current love of my life. Why is it so expensive? :( It cinches in my waist really nicely and the flowers at the shoulder don't annoy me as much as I thought they wood. This is a little big on me - it's a 4, the size 2 which I had tried on before and fit perfectly - was gone from the racks. This makes me nervous that it'll sell out before it hits sale. 63 of the size 2 left online as of this post! But I'm having trouble convincing myself that I want to pay almost two hundred dollars for this dress, especially when I don't have anywhere to wear it to. It could be a really fancy work dress. I work in IT though, so the beauty of this dress is totally wasted sitting behind a computer monitor all day. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment