Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sale Time! ..... at Dover Saddlery

Today's a sale day at Anthropologie too, and I have fitting room pictures, but this came into my inbox and I couldn't resist taking a peek. Sigh. I wish I owned a horse. So much pretty tack I'd like to buy! So much pretty and very expensive tack! Ouch. Maybe it's good I don't own a horse and just ride schooling horses.

Breeches

Left: Tailored Sportsman Low Rise Breech (Sale $129.90)
Right: Ladies Tuff Rider Riding Breeches (Sale $36.90)

I'm aware they look similar. :)

I own the cheap Tuff Riders, but they're starting to rip at the pocket, and the knee patches are getting worn down and aren't as sticky. Still, though, for the price, they weren't too bad. I bought them probably about two years ago. I can always use another pair of cheap schooling breeches.

I've heard amazing reviews about the TS's, though, and I could use a good pair of breeches for showing. (I do own one good pair of breeches - Latigo Full Seats - but I can't wear full seats into the show ring.) Hrm, I like how I talk the talk but can't back it up. (I don't show - I can barely get around a couple of crossrails and flower boxes at lessons, so we're not going to even think about shows right now.) So if I continue to delude myself thinking that I need a good pair of pretty breeches for showing, I should invest in the TS breeches. Continuing to swim in the river of denial, I posted a pair of the pewter color breeches above, but light gray is not really smiled upon in the hunter ring. As pretty as it is, I would probably switch back to the almighty beige or khaki.

Socks

Ovation Zocks Riding Socks (Sale $7.49)

Knee high riding socks to wear with riding boots. I've been meaning to buy a pair for awhile, but haven't gotten around to it. But look at the pair on the very left! The color scheme is called Wild Horses. See, this, I need. To wear horses? While riding horses? Yes!

Helmet

Don't actually need one. My current one is only about two years old and I haven't fallen on it yet. But if I were to need one .... I still would not get this, however much I would like to. This is one of the more popular helmets out there, worn by a lot of the top Grand Prix Riders: the GPA Titium Professional Riding Helmet (Sale $479.90). Ouch. I need to win the lottery first - and even then, I probably couldn't justify it to myself. But isn't it pretty?

Saddle

This is admittedly just eye candy. Dover's Circuit Elite Saddle (Sale $749.00) I've never ridden in one, so I don't know how it feels or fits, but it certainly is pretty. I have a giant weakness for shiny caramel colored leather and this stock picture is just gorgeous. Doesn't it just conjure up images of a perfectly groomed horse and a preppy boarding school girl riding through a dewy field at sunrise?

I could keep going on but I don't think anyone is really interested in pictures of stirrup irons or horse boots, so I'll save you the pain. ;) I do have some Anthropologie fitting room pictures which are probably slightly more interesting than this coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment