Monday, August 23, 2010

Glow in the dark weiner

Nina sent me this link the other day: Urban Outfitter's Dachshund Lamp ($80)

look, he glows!

Isn't he adorable? I visualize it perched on a long, lengthy dresser, slanted so that everyone can see the length of the dog. I love the dachshund silhouette, with his nose perked eagerly up into the air. Anyone who owns a dog will tell you that's the pose that says: "Food? Now? Please? Food?" Tail is a little stubby for my tastes, though. It needs to be a bit longer.

... but why is their ad showing the lamp on the ground? That thing wouldn't last three seconds before my dachshund would come over and start gnawing on the plastic, before eventually electrocuting himself as he made himself a meal out of the wires. Nom, nom. Bzzzzzzzzzt.

i gots me a nice tail


I think Cally's position as the most venerated dachshund in this house is safe, though. I'm not shelling out eighty dollars for a lamp. Especially one that is made out of (what looks to be) white plastic. (Comes in green plastic too, but I think it's pretty ugly.) Maybe if it went on sale for about eighty percent off, I'd consider it. It would be adorable!

I'd just have to remember to put up way up high where Cally couldn't eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment