Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Leftovers Flatbread

I was informed by an adamant French guy that under no circumstances was I to refer to Bakestone Brothers Naan Bread as “bread.” I don’t think the Indians would acknowledge it as naan, either. What kind of naan has holes in it? Still, I buy this stuff because it’s nicely priced, Amazon Fresh carries it, and it’s great for fixing snack pizzas when I’m too lazy to cook real food.

Flatbread

I had these buna shimeji mushrooms leftover from dinner I made the other day, as well as some sauce that went with the dish. That wasn’t going to be a good combination with tomato sauce, but I pictured the fancy flatbreads that restaurants serve. Why not?

forager’s flatbread
buna shimeji mushrooms, lemon chili garlic aioli, parsley, mozzarella

Not bad for what is technically “leftovers with cheese on previously frozen leavened wheat product.”

~N

No comments:

Post a Comment