Thursday, September 2, 2010

Another one bites the dust

Deviating from my food and hiking, Nina brings you her Anthropologie fitting room stylings. I’m bigger than the other two and decidedly less feminine – both in body and in taste.

IMG_9062 Img_9079

Rational Ruffles Tee in Sky (Sale: $29.95)

Jenni told me I should try it on, and I dismissed it as too frilly for me. But I tried it on anyway because I’m a sucker for this type of blue. It’s definitely frillier than I like, the cut is a little low for me, and the shoulders are kind of weird. But styled with a cardigan, I think it looks more reasonable. Like the PJ pants? :)

Img_9072

Marianne Tank (sale: $19.95)

This was a second cut, and I couldn’t say no to the price! I wouldn't say it's my favorite top in the world, but it adds something to my wardrobe and fits decently.

IMG_9064

San Vitale Tank (sale: $19.95)

Second cut. This is huge. But it’s perfect as a maternity top, and it’s going to be a gift to someone in need of one. :)

And now on to some sale fail…

IMG_9063

Flowing Tiers Tank in Purple (sale: $39.95)

I initially thought this one was going to be pretty from seeing it online. But I was disappointed with how prominently that dark purple part sticks out. It also feels a little short to me. Definitely not worth it for $40. 

IMG_9068

Dreamy Drape Dress in Purple Motif (sale: $79.95)

I hate this dress. Tried it on at Jenni’s insistence, and I stick with my initial opinion. The top fits weird on anyone with a chest, and the bottom part is long, blah, and prone to show any hint of a belly you might have. Just weird.

IMG_9070

Catmint Dress (sold out online)

Lots of hype around this one. I think I’ve tried it on before. It’s pretty in pictures, but it fits weird on my body. Too long, too much fabric on the bottom, straps are too long on top.

A few that I’m waiting to go on sale…

IMG_9069

Southward Stop Shirtdress ($128)

Like the thicker fabric. They had only size 0 and size 8 at my store, so it’s a slightly looser fit than I probably need.

IMG_9065

Whipped Topping Top in Purple ($58)

Good color. Enough ornamentation to be interesting, not enough for me to want to vomit. Hopefully this color won’t sell out before it makes it to sale!

Alright, I’ve made a fashion post. I’m thinking this is it for awhile. :) Back to eating!

~N

No comments:

Post a Comment