Friday, September 3, 2010

Labor Day sales!

Two Anthro posts in row! Well, it was a pretty good sale. It starts getting bad when the SA's recognize you, I think. It says: "she is too fiscally irresponsible." Anyways, here we go!


Tracy Reese Dreamy Drape Dress (Sale $79.95)

I tried it on when it first came out, and couldn't figure out how to drape the sleeve. I tried it on when it went on sale yesterday .... and still couldn't figure out how to drape the sleeve. I think you might have to fully pull out the wider sleeve, like what Nina has below, but that looked even worse on me, so no pictures of it that way. Needless to say ... not for me. It looks way better on Jenni.



Another Tracy Reese frock, but I liked this one a lot better than the Drapey Mess. It fits pretty well, but the orangey-red color is a bit more orangey than I prefer, especially for $130. Ouch! Maybe on second cut.


Porridge Two Wheeler Shirtdress ($59.95)

I fell in love with this when it first came out in ... what, April? A LONG time ago. And it finally went on sale! And I bought it! Except then I looked at the pictures again and decided I really didn't love it all that much. I love my green Reed shirtdress and I'm thinking I tried to press my love for that onto all shirtdresses. So, back this went. Besides, it was damaged. I could have sewn the missing buttons back on, and I got a discount for the damage, but all in all ... not worth it.

Yay for alliteration! And for matching dresses! No, Nina and I did not collaborate before figuring out what to try on yesterday. ;) I love it on her, and I like it on me. Although I have the nagging feeling I'm going on safari. It's the khaki color and the leaves that put me in mind of putting on a giant canvas hat and hopping in a jeep, searching for zebras and elephants. I think I'll consider this on sale.


I love the name. The coat, not so much. Look how it sags. Okay, I think that's all we need to say about this.


I think I kind of like this. I would want the tanish-brown color though, since I think this olive green is a little too military style for me (I prefer the more romantic feminine styles). I'd have to size down to a 6, though - my store was out so I tried on an 8. It's a bit too big. I hope it makes it to sale, although probably by the time it hits sale, it'll be spring!

ps for anyone that cares - which I understand is no one - since all of Anthro's stuff lately is equine themed, I'm guessing this is named after the oxer jump. An oxer is two verticals placed close to each other, to make the jump wider. Usually the back vertical is higher than the front vertical. I see! Anthropologie's real purpose is to make us WIDER!


Ah Tabitha, how I love thee. I love this dress. It looks just like my Night Blooming Dress! I love the silky top. I love the corduroy skirt. Sale, please, please. I can't buy it at full price when I already have NBD.


Yay for pretty but useless summer dresses! (I say useless because I really don't have anywhere to wear these pretty dresses too. But I keep buying them.) Oh well, I'm thinking I'll just throw a cardi over it for fall. And button it too, or else it's wayyyy too revealing. I don't think that'll make management happy at work! Anyways, when I went back to work and mused over the Two Wheeler, Jenni began sending me strongly worded hints.

"Sandy should get the cyan dress!"
"Get it!"
"It would look great on you!"


Wouldn't you know, I had tried it on that day too and it was tied with the Two Wheeler in my final cut. I finally put it back because I had nowhere to wear it and because I had such a longtime sentimental bond with the Two Wheeler. So I went back and re-reviewed my Sweetbriar pictures. And ... yup, I liked more than the Two Wheeler. A lot more. So I went back after work and when I returned Two Wheeler, I bought the Sweetbriar, to Jenni's eternal joy. (And mine, although I still think she's happier about this purchase than I am. Probably because I'm the one that spent the money and not her!)

Now, to begin saving money for the horribly expensive September catalog. Curtsey Coat($298) and Best of Bunch Cardigan($268), ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment