Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall Footwear

Once Labor Day hit the Chicago area, our temperatures dropped like a freaking rock. I think we had high 80's the Thursday before, and on Wednesday, I think we had 60's. Well - I was partly happy because it meant I could pull out my new fall shoes!

Anthropologie Hallowed Halls Oxfords ($128.00)


I missed these last fall when they were the non-tweed Scarf Tied Oxfords, so I had to make sure I got these now. (Nina is giggling somewhere, because a few months back, we were bored at work, so we began doing really bad MS Paint pictures of each other. Mine featured me wearing shoes with bows on them. And now, what do we have? Shoes that tie with a giant bow!)

These are gorgeous! I think they look rather spiffy, and I find them pretty comfortable as well. Or they will be, once I've broken them in. I have my usual two places of discomfort that I find with all shoes, so I don't think it's this particular pair. The shoes are cutting up the back of my left heel, which my Side By Side flats did as well, and they're rubbing against the area right behind my right toes, which all my ballet flats have done as well. I think I just have a bony right foot, maybe. (And apparently very thin skin with the left heel.) But otherwise, I've worn them twice and I find them to be nicely padded and no discomfort other than the two usual suspects.

Oh, and my pants are not usually that short, as shown in the left picture. ;) Just hitched my pants up to get a better shot of the shoes.


In my ever lasting search for the perfect pair of fashion riding boots, I have discovered .... not riding boots. ;) I was at DSW looking at riding boots, and found them all lacking in some way, but these Diba boots were sitting in the aisle across from them, and they were so cute I had to try them on. Slouchy suede with a bow!

I ended up loving them and taking them home with me. Didn't help that the price was reasonable, compared to the other boots I've been heavily eyeing this fall. I just wore them to work today and snapped pics of them since there was a handy floor length mirror in the bathroom. (I really need to buy one for my house.) The lightning is not great, as you can tell. It came out really dark, so I snapped another close up pic when I got back to my desk. That came out a little too bright - it's a lovely dark chocolate brown, but the closeup makes it look more on the red side, which it is not. The stock picture is the closest.

The shoe needs a bit of padding in the sole, I've realized. My feet started aching after walking in them for awhile, but they'll be fine for short jaunts to work or to the store or similar. They would not be my first choice for an extended shopping trip in downtown Chicago or a long afternoon at the mall or anything similar.

1 comment:

  1. nice! I like the bow on the boots.

    I'm also searching for a pair of perfect riding boots. Let us know if you find some! :)

    ReplyDelete